According to the mainstream Israeli narrative the Druze population in Israel is loyal to and maintains an alliance with the state, the most famous element of which includes mandatory military service. But is that really the whole story? The fourth part of this series looks at a new movement of young Druze women and men who challenging both the state and their predecessors by refusing to join the army.
View article: AAA
- Druze draft refuser sent to Israeli military prison, put in solitary
- How to turn human rights activists into 'traitors' in a few easy steps
- Conscientious objector released from military prison after 104 days
- IDF admits teen didn't commit crime, locks him up for Facebook post anyway
- Gaza march leader to conscientious objectors: 'Turn your words into weapons'