Over the past 20 years, Israel has taken measures to guarantee a nearly blanket exemption from its obligation under international law to pay compensation to Palestinians harmed by its security forces. In this report, B’Tselem traces the development of this practice and illustrates how it has led to a major drop in the number of claims for damages Palestinians filed in recent years. Israel’s policy reflects how little value it places on the lives, bodies and property of Palestinians living under its control.
OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTERSubmit
- +972 Resources
The +972 Resources channel is a platform for information from Israel and Palestine, produced by actors working to advance human rights and democracy in the region. The channel showcases reports, maps, infographics and other sources produced by people and organizations with a proven track record for professionalism, accuracy and the production of interesting, quality resources.
If you or your organization is interested in publishing English-language resources on this channel, please send material to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the word “Resource” in the email subject. Please note the following:
– It is easiest for us to publish information received in pdf, Word or JPG format. If you are interested in publishing maps, photos or other graphic material, we may require your cooperation in making relevant adjustments to suit our technical requirements. As long as we have the capacity, creative and offbeat material is encouraged!
– The responsibility for fact-checking lies with resource authors – the material you send us must be ready for publication.
– The submission of resources constitutes a release for publication by +972, and permission for us to publish them in full or in part. Full credit will always be given to the organizations or the information’s authors.
– The channel is a platform for facts, figures and information – not analysis or commentary. We will not publish petitions, fundraising or lobbying bids, or political party materials.
- MOST READMOST COMMENTED24 HOURS|WEEK|MONTH
More from +972 Resources
- Tweets from https://twitter.com/972mag/lists/972-on-twitter