For just a moment yesterday, one might have thought that the demonstrations worked, or that the hoax newspaper announcing the end of segregation on Shuhada St was not a hoax after all. For a moment, one might have mistakenly assumed that Palestinians are actually walking that main road in Hebron’s city center, with its closed shops and racist graffiti sprayed on them, and the local population locked in their homes and tormented by settlers. But this too was a hoax. A Purim hoax. Once again settlers celebrated Purim by marching on the Jewish-only street merrily disguised as Palestinians. Segregation was kept: fake Arabs – in, real ones – out.
View article: AAA
- As an Israeli soldier, I played God with Palestinians
- Political poetry as a crime: Inside the surreal trial of Dareen Tatour
- Assault on Palestinian man shows violent effects of police impunity
- As Palestinian divisions deepen, Arab actors seek two-state alternative
- American Jews must resist Trump and the occupation at the same time