For just a moment yesterday, one might have thought that the demonstrations worked, or that the hoax newspaper announcing the end of segregation on Shuhada St was not a hoax after all. For a moment, one might have mistakenly assumed that Palestinians are actually walking that main road in Hebron’s city center, with its closed shops and racist graffiti sprayed on them, and the local population locked in their homes and tormented by settlers. But this too was a hoax. A Purim hoax. Once again settlers celebrated Purim by marching on the Jewish-only street merrily disguised as Palestinians. Segregation was kept: fake Arabs – in, real ones – out.
View article: AAA
- A more sensible two-state vision for Israel and Palestine
- Under Trump, Arab support for U.S. hits lowest point in years
- Birthright walk-offs get a taste of settler violence in Hebron
- How to fight the demolition of a West Bank school? Start the year early
- The changing relationship between Palestinians on either side of the wall