For just a moment yesterday, one might have thought that the demonstrations worked, or that the hoax newspaper announcing the end of segregation on Shuhada St was not a hoax after all. For a moment, one might have mistakenly assumed that Palestinians are actually walking that main road in Hebron’s city center, with its closed shops and racist graffiti sprayed on them, and the local population locked in their homes and tormented by settlers. But this too was a hoax. A Purim hoax. Once again settlers celebrated Purim by marching on the Jewish-only street merrily disguised as Palestinians. Segregation was kept: fake Arabs – in, real ones – out.
View article: AAA
- Military court: Ahed Tamimi and her mom to remain in prison
- Abbas' speech shows he is burning bridges with the U.S.
- Refugees hold 'slave auction' outside Knesset to protest deportation
- Between determination and despair: Meet the refugees fighting deportation
- It is our silence that allows Israel to deport asylum seekers