For just a moment yesterday, one might have thought that the demonstrations worked, or that the hoax newspaper announcing the end of segregation on Shuhada St was not a hoax after all. For a moment, one might have mistakenly assumed that Palestinians are actually walking that main road in Hebron’s city center, with its closed shops and racist graffiti sprayed on them, and the local population locked in their homes and tormented by settlers. But this too was a hoax. A Purim hoax. Once again settlers celebrated Purim by marching on the Jewish-only street merrily disguised as Palestinians. Segregation was kept: fake Arabs – in, real ones – out.
View article: AAA
- Hundreds protest to recognize the disappearance of Yemenite children
- The 'Jewish tent' just became even smaller
- Why is Israel still denying the kidnapping of Yemenite children?
- Palestinians and Israelis mark interfaith new year in East Jerusalem
- There's no beautifying Israel's treatment of Palestinian children