For just a moment yesterday, one might have thought that the demonstrations worked, or that the hoax newspaper announcing the end of segregation on Shuhada St was not a hoax after all. For a moment, one might have mistakenly assumed that Palestinians are actually walking that main road in Hebron’s city center, with its closed shops and racist graffiti sprayed on them, and the local population locked in their homes and tormented by settlers. But this too was a hoax. A Purim hoax. Once again settlers celebrated Purim by marching on the Jewish-only street merrily disguised as Palestinians. Segregation was kept: fake Arabs – in, real ones – out.
View article: AAA
- Guess which of these human rights Israel guarantees to Palestinians
- PHOTOS: Hundreds attend May Day demonstration in Nazareth
- Iran presidential elections: No easy victory for Rouhani
- 'Day of Rage' protests across West Bank in support of hunger strikers
- Hundreds of Israelis march on settlements to protest violence