For just a moment yesterday, one might have thought that the demonstrations worked, or that the hoax newspaper announcing the end of segregation on Shuhada St was not a hoax after all. For a moment, one might have mistakenly assumed that Palestinians are actually walking that main road in Hebron’s city center, with its closed shops and racist graffiti sprayed on them, and the local population locked in their homes and tormented by settlers. But this too was a hoax. A Purim hoax. Once again settlers celebrated Purim by marching on the Jewish-only street merrily disguised as Palestinians. Segregation was kept: fake Arabs – in, real ones – out.
View article: AAA
- Israel wants to deport 300 refugees to one of the world's most dangerous countries
- More than 100 files from the 1800s are still classified in Israel’s archives
- It’s time to stop asking why the Israeli left has disappeared
- German bank to determine whether Jewish peace group is anti-Semitic
- Forget about dialogue groups, it's time to switch to co-resistance