For just a moment yesterday, one might have thought that the demonstrations worked, or that the hoax newspaper announcing the end of segregation on Shuhada St was not a hoax after all. For a moment, one might have mistakenly assumed that Palestinians are actually walking that main road in Hebron’s city center, with its closed shops and racist graffiti sprayed on them, and the local population locked in their homes and tormented by settlers. But this too was a hoax. A Purim hoax. Once again settlers celebrated Purim by marching on the Jewish-only street merrily disguised as Palestinians. Segregation was kept: fake Arabs – in, real ones – out.
View article: AAA
- 'Criticizing the government nowadays makes you a traitor'
- PHOTOS: Activists protest on Israeli side of Gaza fence in solidarity with Great Return March
- Could solar energy solve the Gaza electricity crisis?
- Palestinian poet Dareen Tatour set free
- 'Let us fight together for human rights, for a country that is democratic for all its citizens'