The reality in Israel is loaded with symbolism. This is Defense Minister Ehud Barak observing the Human Rights March – attended by human rights workers, activists, asylum seekers and Palestinians – which passes under him as he watches from his plush residence in one of Tel Aviv’s luxury towers.
View article: AAA
- Even civil rights are too extreme for Israel's education minister
- Israel's top court rules human rights aren't 'controversial.' What about the occupation?
- What Labor's new leader must do to resuscitate the Left
- Israelis, Palestinians are ready to accept international consensus
- Israeli cafe orders employees to stop speaking Arabic on the job