Following my proposal for artists playing in Israel to insist on Palestinian attendance at their gigs, one of the reader posted this video clip, showing Dusty Springfield’s 1964 refusal to perform in front of segregated audiences in South Africa. According to her Wikipedia page, Springfield ended up being expelled from the country. She did, however, outlive Apartheid.
View article: AAA
- WATCH: How Hebron went from integration to segregation
- Why 'it's not apartheid' arguments fail: Response to NYT op-ed
- Top Israeli university marketing country's arms industry to the world
- Pot decriminalization could be the best explanation of apartheid yet
- Hundreds march in Hebron: 'Open segregated Shuhada Street'