Bir Nabala in the West Bank, just a few kilometers northeast of Jerusalem, was once an active center of commerce. But since 2006, the separation wall has turned it into an enclave isolated from Jerusalem and much of the West Bank. Residents have left and businesses have shut down. This B’Tselem video, released in conjunction with a new report on the wall, tells the story of Bir Nabala’s decline, through the stories of two banquet halls.
View article: AAA
- Leading Israeli rights group to stop cooperating with the IDF
- Resource: The myriad failings of Israeli military investigations
- 'Every few minutes, one of them hit us with a rifle butt'
- Charged with conspiracy — for renting a rope to climb over the wall
- Israel holding 10 Palestinian children in admin. detention