For just a moment yesterday, one might have thought that the demonstrations worked, or that the hoax newspaper announcing the end of segregation on Shuhada St was not a hoax after all. For a moment, one might have mistakenly assumed that Palestinians are actually walking that main road in Hebron’s city center, with its closed shops and racist graffiti sprayed on them, and the local population locked in their homes and tormented by settlers. But this too was a hoax. A Purim hoax. Once again settlers celebrated Purim by marching on the Jewish-only street merrily disguised as Palestinians. Segregation was kept: fake Arabs – in, real ones – out.
View article: AAA
- What neoconservatives get wrong about U.S. Jews' relationship with Israel
- Labor must take the security narrative back from Netanyahu
- When your own Jewish father calls you a Nazi
- WATCH: How one West Bank village is fighting to regain its land
- Israeli tribunal upholds ban on British human rights activist