For just a moment yesterday, one might have thought that the demonstrations worked, or that the hoax newspaper announcing the end of segregation on Shuhada St was not a hoax after all. For a moment, one might have mistakenly assumed that Palestinians are actually walking that main road in Hebron’s city center, with its closed shops and racist graffiti sprayed on them, and the local population locked in their homes and tormented by settlers. But this too was a hoax. A Purim hoax. Once again settlers celebrated Purim by marching on the Jewish-only street merrily disguised as Palestinians. Segregation was kept: fake Arabs – in, real ones – out.
View article: AAA
- 200 Israeli cultural icons call to release Palestinian poet under house arrest
- It's 2016 — let's say goodbye to Zionism once and for all
- Netanyahu's coalition whip wants to revoke B'Tselem director's citizenship
- Hacked emails: Top Clinton donors condition support on Israel policy
- Driving while Palestinian, across the Green Line