Following my proposal for artists playing in Israel to insist on Palestinian attendance at their gigs, one of the reader posted this video clip, showing Dusty Springfield’s 1964 refusal to perform in front of segregated audiences in South Africa. According to her Wikipedia page, Springfield ended up being expelled from the country. She did, however, outlive Apartheid.
View article: AAA
- Israeli hotels warn Jewish guests that Arabs will also be there
- Arab school strike highlights Israel's discriminatory education policies
- Latin American diplomats: We can be doing more to pressure Israel
- No way to defeat Jewish terrorism without ending the occupation
- Suspending bus segregation won't solve a thing