Following my proposal for artists playing in Israel to insist on Palestinian attendance at their gigs, one of the reader posted this video clip, showing Dusty Springfield’s 1964 refusal to perform in front of segregated audiences in South Africa. According to her Wikipedia page, Springfield ended up being expelled from the country. She did, however, outlive Apartheid.
View article: AAA
- Why an economic boycott of Israel cannot succeed
- Israelis don't get to hold a referendum on Palestine
- Israeli hotel warns Jewish guests 'there will be a lot of Arabs'
- Tel Aviv police beating a reminder that we all have a choice — every day
- Most Israeli Jews think there's no occupation. So what is it?