+972 Magazine is a blog-based web magazine that is jointly owned by a group of journalists, bloggers and photographers whose goal is to provide fresh, original, on-the-ground reporting and analysis of events in Israel and Palestine.
As we expand the scope of our reporting and analysis, we are looking to add a new member to our growing editorial team.
- Editing op-eds, reports and analysis for publication on the website.
- Working directly with +972 bloggers and potential guest contributors.
- News writing and basic reporting when necessary.
- Managing +972’s social media presence.
- Translating articles into English for publication.
- Proven experience writing, editing, or producing high-quality journalism.
- Intimate familiarity with the political landscape of the Middle East. Must be a news/politics junkie.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and weekends.
- Ability to work under stress, especially in breaking news situations.
- Legal residence in Israel, East Jerusalem or the West Bank.
- English — mother-tongue or academic level.
- Arabic — Fluent for purposes of reporting, translating, news monitoring, and coordination of guest writers.
- Hebrew is an advantage but not a requirement.
Terms of position: Full time.
Please send C.V., references, and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position to email@example.com. Make sure to put “Editing position” in the subject line.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until September 10, 2016.